Sunday, September 15, 2013

Top 3 Workout Items

Top 3 Workout Items



1. Food Scale 

When you are starting to get serious about your fitness and nutrition, how are calculating your calories?! Most of us are guessing, think ehhhhhh that looks like a 1/4 cup. Some things are even labeled in grams and I know you have no idea what 30 grams of avocado looks like! You can be really hindering your process if you are not measuring your food out! So invest in that food scale! I use it for everything I put into my body and it really helps for meal prep Sunday's! Eat those 5-6 meals per day! 

2. Heart Rate Monitor

I LOVE my HRM it's not a necessary item because no matter what when you are working out you are burning those calories! For me I use my Polar FT4 HRM to make sure I am always in my fat burning zone (for me its usually 130-170) I can also use it to challenge myself, have little competitions with myself and see if I can burn more calories if than I did last time! 

3. My Fitness Pal App 

My Fitness Pal or MFP is an amazing site where you can keep track of what and how much you're eating and recording your exercises, with calories burned! You can also keep track of your MACROS yes! Macros are super important, and lets say when you are doing P90X and the first month or Phase 1 your macros need to be 50 protein/ 30 carbs/ and 20 fats you can figure that all out and get a pie chart of your macros! OBSESSED! 



No comments:

Post a Comment