Sunday, August 11, 2013

Copycat Subway Sweet Onion Sauce!!!

Whenever I have to have fast food, like spur of the moment I don't feel like cooking situation, Subway is my go to!!! I am a busy preschool teacher, wife, and mother and knowing that I can get an entree that fits into my P90X phase 1 or 2 macros is the best!!!

I always order the Double Chicken Subway Salad! I normally do spinach and shredded lettuce, red onion, green pepper, tomatoes, and cucumbers! I also add the super flavorful Sweet Onion Sauce!!! UGH so good!!!


http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/cf63f9d0a84811e2ad8422000a1fa8e9_7.jpg
My Subway salad!



So now I've been on a mission to find a recipe that is a copycat of the FAT FREE Subway sweet onion sauce! Here is the best one that I could find! I made some substitutions like stevia instead of splenda!
ENJOY!

1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons Stevia
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon vidalia onion (finely minced)
1 tablespoon cooking sherry
2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry buttermilk (Bisquick will work just fine!)
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon poppy seed
1 pinch ground black pepper

Directions:

1
Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
2
Whisk until smooth.
3
Microwave on high for a minute and a half, stirring every thirty seconds.
4
Makes about 2/3 cup.

Makes 4 servings for 25 calories per serving!!! 0 grams of fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment