Monday, November 21, 2011

Caprese Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Glaze


Insalta Caprese is a side salad originated from Italy,it brings the luscious flavors of mozzarella, juicy tomato, fresh basil, and sweet balsamic. We use to have Instalta Caprese for a small lunches but when it is wrapped in chicken and grilled it becomes an instant entree that the whole family would love.


Caprese Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Glaze

Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1 Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breast Calories: 157 Carbs: 7 Fat: 4 Protein: 30  Fiber: 0 Sodium: 143

Ingredients: 
  • 4 Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast (16 oz)
  • 1 Plum Tomato
  • 2.5 Tbsp. Fresh basil leaves
  • 2 Oz. Part Skim Mozzarella ( I used Polly-O)
  • 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Start grill and heat until 400 degrees. Pat chicken breast dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut mozzarella into 4 1/2 ounce slices and place on chicken breast. Dice the tomato until its in quarter inch blocks, Slice the basil leaves and mix with the tomatoes, place a tablespoon of the tomatoes and basil on top of the mozzarella.

Roll the chicken breast after rolled place 2 toothpicks to keep ingredients inside.

Grill each side for 8 minutes.
While the chicken is on the grill bring the balsamic to a boil in a small sauce pan on medium heat than simmer on low until the balsamic is halved. Whisking the balsamic frequently.

6 comments:

  1. A caprese is hands down my absolute favorite. Ever. I think I have an addiction to basil! This is my favorite chicken recipe that I have found so far and I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us too! Hope you love it as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious, I love your approach to food! Lovely blog you have, so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I think I love everything about this! We just returned from a trip to Italy and I'm eager to repeat some of the fresh flavors we found there. I think you've done it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look absolutely wonderful! And just when you think all of the ideas for caprese have been used! :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Eat Yourself Skinny: Thank you we love that we are getting followers so soon. So exciting!Happy eating!

    @ Kim-Liv Life: Italy! How amazing our mom was just there in the end of october she loved it! We hope we can go one day! I bet the food was as good as the sights!

    @ mjskit: Caprese is just so delicious! Happy we could put a new twist on it for you!

    ReplyDelete